"Awful birth and post natal care"

About: Stoke Mandeville Hospital

The midwives at triage, labour and the post natal wards were some of the most awful and uncaring healthcare professionals I have met. During my labour I was treated like rubbish and a nuisance, my personal information was shared without my permission ( had random midwives telling me about my labour ) and was dragged into the labour wards office politics. I was not there to be told off in aggressive manner that there were more important things to do, like paperwork. I feel very sorry for anyone who has to use the maternity service at stoke mandeville.

Response from Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Patient

I am very sorry to read that you feel the staff who treated you at triage, labour and post natal were some of the most awful and uncaring healthcare professionals you have ever met. We are concerned that this was your experience of our services and we hope that you may be happy to speak with us in some more detail, so that we can understand what happened more clearly and explore ways in which we can assist and improve our patient experience for the future.

In the meantime, please be assured I will pass your anonymous comments to the relevant manager for the service.

If you are happy to share more detail about your specific experience with us, please contact our dedicated Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01296 316042 or email pals@buckshealthcare.nhs.uk