"Almost all the staff were calm, ..."

About: Liverpool Womens Hospital

Almost all the staff were calm, open and kind as well as being incredibly proficient at their jobs. I ended up having an emergency caesarean because of pre-eclampsia and they were proffessional and calm all the way through. They involved me and my husband at every step of the way and they saved me and my baby from a very dangerous situation. We felt like we were in really safe hands.

On the maternity ward we were treated with the same care and respect, we were offfered help when we needed it and care and support too.

When we were taken to special care to get an ecg on our baby's heart the registrar and consultant were both fantastic - they let us sit in, they communicated well and compassionately and they never made us feel scared.

Oh and the food was pretty decent I thought!

The odd midwife who showed their stress (not surprising really, they have so much to do but there were others who coped better). And it took a long time to get out once we were ready for home. We discharged ourselves in the end.

I couldn't think of anywhere I'd rather give birth - we were looked after so well.

Response from Anne Bridson, Corporate Matron for Patient Experience, Liverpool Women's NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Rachael,

firstly I would like to apologise for the delay in replying to you. Thank you very much for your nice comments, they are very much appreciated. If you would like to further discuss the concerns you raised please contact me via anne.bridson@lwh.nhs.uk

Response from Liverpool Womens Hospital

I am sorry for such a delay in responding to your feedback. I wanted you to know that it is still very much appreciated by all staff.

The delay in discharge is something we are constantly looking to improve and as you say all staff can be under pressure but should also be aware of how to deal with it.

Anne Bridson,Matron for Patient Experience