"worse nightmare"

About: Peterborough City Hospital

I feel totally left out in my last few visits to the antenatal day unit and triage, my understanding with adu is that although theres appts booked if there is an emergency then they will be given priority which is understandable, however when i went on Friday a man started creating a scene just because he had been waiting for 45 minutes his wifes appt was at 2.30 and mine was at 2 in the end after so much drama they actually took her in first, only because her kids were crying qnd husband was just not capable of waiting and mentioned whoever was before his wife should wait before getting seen and thats exactly what the day unit did.. And i had to wait an extra hour because of such drama. Today someone came in after me and got seen by a consultant after me and i had to wait an extra 1 1/2 hours just to get told i could go home and come for monitoring tomorrow could a consultant not just have told the midwife that before hand because i never managed to see anyone.

Response from Lesley Crosby, Deputy Chief Nurse, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

I am sorry about the problems you are experiencing and if you would like to discuss this in more detail please do contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service who may be able to help you. They can be contacted on (01733) 673405. I would urge you to contact us as I know our Head of Midwifery would want to speak to you about your experience.

Lesley Crosby