"Parents of a patient in Triage and Powell wards"

When a child, of any age, suffers serious mental health problems it is traumatic for them and for their relatives/friends.

Our son was a patient in the Ladywell Unit for almost 3 months and like many of the patients who's reviews you read here, he didn't want to be there.

Mental health wards are not the nicest places to pass time, as a patient or as a visitor.

However, I don't recognise the descriptions of the facilities or staff that I read here.

Staff were patient, caring and dedicated.

The doctors and nurses were all sympathetic, helpful and knowledgeable regarding our son's case.

We cannot praise them highly enough for the effort they put in to diagnose our son's condition and to work with us and him to ensure that he was on the road to recovery.

He left hospital two months ago and has been rebuilding his life, reconnecting with friends, family and work.

The experience, whilst not pleasant for him is now something that he accepts and can talk and even joke about with us and his friends.

The facilities in the wards are basic but functional, clean and safe.

These are not 5 star guests and safety and security outweigh the need for luxury.

We cannot thank the team of the Ladywell Unit enough and are full of admiration for their ability to work with such difficult patients.

Response from The Ladywell Unit

I am responding to your recent post and would like to thank you very much for the positive feedback.

We are very glad that we were able to offer the treatment and support your family member needed.

We have sent you feedback to Triage and Powell Wards and they have asked me to thank you for your kind words.