"Service great, until the Doctor."

Having been experiencing several strange symptoms for 2-4 weeks, today was the worst and I had missed the doctors. I phoned NHS Direct who after being referred to a nurse on the call, said I should go straight into A&E. The receptionist, triage nurse were as expected, however, the doctor was extremely rude, dismissal and came across superior, suggesting that I was using up resources being in A&E with my non-life threatening symptoms. After a patronising conversation, I felt rather silly, and instead of trusting my instincts and waiting for my test results, I left feeling ashamed that I had wasted their time. Because, you know, I'm kinda paying for it, right? Having now just phoned to ask for my results, I've been told I need to wait for a letter to be sent to my GP. Well done, NHS! Now I understand why everyone thinks you're awful. If the staff, like this doctor here, feel so under pressure, then perhaps they should find another job. Because if I spoke to my clients the way I was spoken to, I wouldn't have a job.

Response from Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience when attending the Emergency Department at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham.

We would like to be able to look into the concerns that you raised – if you are happy for us to do this please make contact via the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) so that we can get your details. PALS can be contacted by phone 0121 371 4400 by email PALS@uhb.nhs.uk, via the hospital website www.uhb.nhs.uk/pals-form or in person by dropping in between 9am – 5pm (Mon-Fri) to the PALS office located near the Information Desk in the main entrance of the new Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham.