"A&E Dept"

About: Royal Surrey County Hospital

I had to take my sister to The Royal Surrey A& E dept on wednesday as recommended by her Doctor. She is having Chemo privately but she had a temperature and from the moment we arrived the staff were friendly and efficent . She was treated by a sister, two Doctors and someone from Oncology. I was very impressed how she was treated.

It was a shame to say she didn,t have such good treatment on Albury ward when she was admitted for the night. Nobody offered her a gown to change into. She moved to the ward between seven and eight and was not offered a jug of water till 2,30pm. I am glad a brought her a sandwich and some cartons of drinks from M&S .

Response from Royal Surrey County Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, which is always gratefully received. I am pleased to read that you were happy with the care your sister received in A&E, but note your points concerning Albury Ward. Here at Royal Surrey we always strive to provide the best care anywhere and I am disappointed that on this occasion we appear not to have delivered that. If you would like us to investigate your sister's experience further, please email rsc-tr.communications@nhs.net. However, please be assured that your comments have been shared with the relevant members of staff. Once again, thank you for your feedback.