"Russells Hell !!"

About: Russells Hall Hospital

I find the whole place frighteningly broken. The canteen is full of cold food and seldom open. The smokers flood the front door, both patients and staff. Hospital transport are lined up smoking and chatting not fetching patients. Once i found my way to the respective ward, i was made to sit on a hard wooden chair for 2 hours. The nurses gather in groups and chat, the doctors are surly and don't speak English. Once inside the examination room i was told i needed drugs. I desperately needed pain relief. It would be a three hour wait... I came home. I will never again visit Russells Hall Hospital.

When you are frightened and poorly, When you need kindness and compassion. When you need a bit of TLC. When you need care. Don't go to Russell Hell, you wont find any care there.

Response from Russells Hall Hospital

Thank you, George, for taking the time to give us feedback about your experience of Russells Hall Hospital. We would like to assure you that we take all feedback seriously and act up on it as part of our on-going commitment to patient experience.

We aim to offer the highest standards of care and we must apologise if you felt we did not achieve this on the day you visited our hospital.

We have passed your feedback onto the teams involved; however, we would appreciate the opportunity to look into the issues you have raised. In order to do this, we would need to know more details about your visit. If you would like us to investigate further, please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on free phone 0800 073 0510.