"First A&E experience"

About: East Surrey Hospital / Accident and emergency South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / NHS 111

I rang 111 and they called an ambulance for me and was taken to East Surrey Hospital A&E, I was seen by a nurse within a few minutes and had my blood taken, and ECG done. Blood pressure checked, then had to wait in the seated area for the Doctor to see me.

I was then taken for an X-ray by the doctor before coming back to A&E, within half hour the doctor had come back to me to say all my check were clear, and I could go home.

I arrived at A&E in the early hours of the morning and was back at my home 4 hours later after receiving very good and quick service. All the staff were very good.

This was my very first visit to A&E for myself. And I can't complain about any of the care I received.

Response from Louise Hutchinson, Patient Experience Lead, South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Woodey

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide positive feedback about the NHS services you received recently. I do hope the NHS111 service and the ambulance service met your expectations and that you are now feeling much better.

With thanks and best wishes, Louise

Response from Cathy White, Patient Experience Lead, Patient Experience Team, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Woodey,

I would like to add my appreciation for telling your story. I will ensure that your comments are passed on to our staff in the emergency department, who will be pleased to know that, as a first timer to the department, you were happy with the service that you received.

With best wishes,