"Emergency Eye Unit"

About: The Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

A recurrence of an eye problem arose on Friday. Normally I would have been able to cope with this but the problem had worsened by Saturday morning. I rung the eye unit but after initial problems getting through my call was answered about 8. 45. My details were taken and I was advised a nurse would call back within 30 minutes. The nurse asked various question regarding my problems and offered options of appointments in one or tow hours time. I attended that morning and was called in just before. The nurse Rachel was very thorough in checking my details and condition and dealt with everything in an sensitive and efficient manner. After treatment I was given advise on how to deal with on going self treatment and what action to take if I was not improving as expected.

The service was excellent from start to finish. Please pass on my thanks to the eye unit.

Response from James Rowden, Patient Engagement and Clinical Liaison, Royal Bournemouth & Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear ‘Vinneys’

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent experience of our Eye Acute Referral Unit and we are sorry to hear you could not get through straight away but delighted to know that once your details were recorded you were called back promptly by a nurse who noted all your symptoms and booked you to be seen within 2 hours.

I am pleased to hear you found nurse Rachel efficient, thorough and sensitive and will be sure to pass on your kind comments.

We hope you are experiencing relief from your symptoms and the advice given will be of benefit to you managing the condition.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and I wish you a speedy recovery.

• Vinneys thinks this response is helpful