"Lost for words!"

About: NHS Fife

(as a parent/guardian),

Explained that 2 O. T's, Head teacher & attendance officer had all requested I go back to CAMHS as they couldn't give my son anymore help as his problems were more than just sensory & they felt he needed more help or re-assessed. The person at CAMHS offered my son voluntary individual therapy sessions. My son hates outside & people, he wont even come out in the garden if the neighbours are out. I explained I didnt feel this was the best option as my son wont attend. I was told the only other way they will help him is if he was standing on the roof of a building. I have just come home to a message on the phone from CAMHS suggesting maybe a referral to O. T may help. Lost for words!

Response from Louise Ewing, Patient Relations Manager, NHS Fife We are preparing to make a change

Dear roxyf

Thank you for taking the time to tell us the situation regarding your son, I was sorry to hear how diffcult this situation is. I have been in contact with the Head of the CAMHS Service, Mr Graham Buchanan and he has suggested that you contact him directly to discuss the current situation, so that he can address your concerns and look at the possiblities of reaching a satisfactory resolution. Mr Buchanan's contact number is 01334 696227.

Louise Ewing