"Friendly nurses, abrupt doctor!"

About: City Hospital campus

I came for a flexible sigmoidoscopy a few weeks ago, the nurses were very helpful and friendly and made me feel really comfortable. The doctor conducting the sigmoidoscopy was the opposite. They didn't turn around from their computer when I went into the treatment room, they waited until I was lying on my side iwth my back to them before attempting a conversation, still without leaving their computer, a little consideration wouldn't have gone amiss seeing as I was having a pretty unpleasant procedure, they didn't make me feel comfortable in their care. There were also a fair few student nurses in the treatment room as well, didn't bother me, but I bit of warning would have been nice!

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thanks for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that the behaviour, manner and attitude of your doctor made you feel uncomfortable. It is important that we tackle inappropriate and unprofessional behaviours by raising with staff directly wherever we can. Can you please contact me on adam.brooks@nuh.nhs.uk so we can get this information from you, and if you wish us to do so, we can follow-up with the individual concerned. I am sorry we didn’t inform you in advance that student nurses would be present in the treatment room. This is an oversight on our part.

Kind regards,