About: Basildon University Hospital

I was recently taken to the unit after suffering a severe heart attack that rendered me unconscious. On slowly waking up I eventually found that I had had a triple bypass. I spent a further few days in Colne and Chelmer wards. The staff worked as an integrated team no matter what job they did. Whilst I was away with the fairies I understand from my wife that my family were cared for as well in what was an anxious time.. I would like to thank you all for the wonderful work that you do.

Response from Basildon University Hospital

Thank you your comments following your recent stay in the Essex Cardiothoracic Centre at Basildon Hospital.

We are pleased to hear that your experience was a positive one.

The staff on Colne and Chelmer Wards work extremely hard with skill and professionalism to offer the best service for their patients and their loved ones and comments such as yours are always appreciated.

Your comments have been forwarded to the senior team who will ensure that all staff involved in your care are made aware of your kind words.

May we take this opportunity to thank you once again and wish you all the very best for your future good health.