"Terrible location and poor care"

About: Buckland Hospital

Getting to Buckland Hospital is quite difficult as the local transport services are not very frequent and have limited routes. The building is modern from the outside but when you get inside it is difficult to find your way around. I found the staff quite rude (perhaps some training is required from the excellent staff at Deal Hospital ?). My appointment was with the Urology Dept and I arrived promptly but even though the waiting room was empty I waited almost 40 minutes over my given appointment time. Not impressed.

Response from Sally Smith, Chief Nurse and Director Of Quality, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Ms Roberts

I am so sorry to read of your experience at Buckland. Hospital. It is not acceptable to keep you waiting, nor acceptable for staff to be rude. Please accept my apologies for this. I will ensure they receive this feedback in order to address their customer care approach.

I will also mention to my colleagues in Estates the signage. It sounds like it wasn't great for you.

Thank you for taking the trouble to feedback.

Best regards