"Cannot praise Home Talk enough"

About: Mansfield Woodhouse Children's Centre

(as a parent/guardian),

My son at age 2 couldn't/wouldn't talk, if he wanted something he'd just moan and scream. The health visitor forwarded me to hometalk. After 4 sessions hes putting 5 word sentences together, its came all at once and after taking their advice hes now non stop talking. I would advice anyone who has a child who is struggling with communication to if they have the opinion to have hometalk sessions to take it up. They are very friendly and have helped my son alot. Cannot praise them enough.

Response from Jane Young, Speech & Language Pathway Lead, Childrens Centre, Health Partnerships

Thank you for your feedback. It is great to hear that your son has responded so well through the support you have been able to provide, during the Home Talk programme.

Thank you for spending the time to contact us. Please do pop in and join the other language-focused sessions that are happening at your local children's centre, which I am sure you and your son would enjoy. We have some Little Talkers sessions happening soon, which are fun groups for parent and child to come to together which can really support language development further. You may also find useful information on our website;

www.nottslanguageforlife.co.uk and our Facebook page.

Please do pop in to see us at your local children's centre. There is continued informal support and advice available there from your Home Talk worker, language leads and speech and language therapist - so keep in touch.

Best wishes for the future, Jane, NCFP SLT Service Manager