"Worth the wait!"

About: Lincoln County Hospital

Following a heavy fall down two steps onto my knees, the joints of which have been replaced,

I visited A&E on Monday 4th July to check there was no damage to these. I saw a lovely triage nurse and subsequently a cheerful, caring doctor with a great sense of humour.

Yes the wait was quite long but the rate at which all the staff work is impressive, and amazingly they keep smiling. I take my hat off to all of them including xray staff. Fortunately only soft tissue, nerves and pride were damaged. The downside was the abuse being levelled at the reception staff which is totally unacceptable, how they do their job I do not know.

I and my husband say a big thankyou to A&E.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear tinknees

The team in A&E are always so pleased to receive positive feedback and I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

We are unable to identify the individual staff involved but I am happy to share this with the whole team.

Kind regards,

Karen Hansord

Acting Matron for Emergency Care

Response from Sharon Kidd, Patient Experience and Engagement Manager, Patient Experience, United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Tinkneed

United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust Staff Awards for 2017 are now open for nominations.

This is the opportunity for the people of Lincolnshire to recognise the hard work, dedication and caring of hospital staff working across the county.

Nominations can be made in 11 categories recognising care and compassion, great teamwork, research and innovation and unsung heroes amongst other things.

The Great Patient Experience Award is especially important, as it is open only to patient nominations, and winners are judged by a panel of patients.

If you would like to nominate the team in A&E for the Great Patient Experience award, information and the nomination form can be found at www.ulh.nhs.uk/about/staff-awards/

Best wishes