"Options & then solving them within the day"

About: Manchester Royal Eye Hospital

I've suffered from IOP & Glaucoma for over 3 years; joined at 3 different hospitals and locations.They continuously ignored my symptoms and sent me home with my eye pressure being on 30, 40, & 55mmHg.

After asking my ophthalmologist to refer me to the

Manchester Eye Hospital they sent me a letter within 2 weeks with an appointment. On this day my IOP was very high and they said they cannot let me go home with my eye pressure being so high. In doing so they explained everything thoroughly in professional manner, what stage my eye is at, what has been damaged and what my options are; to stopping anymore permanent damages. With no delay they offered me Selective laser trabeculoplasty, explained the procedure and prepared me straightaway. They also gave me back up medication If I have any swelling around the eye So thank you very much for your warm service.

Eye B - Ground floor your super great at your jobs !!

Response from Amy McCawley, Patient Experience Team, Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind comment on the NHS Choices website. We were pleased to read that you had a positive experience clinic Eye B at the Manchester Royal Eye Hospital. We were especially pleased that you found our service to be professional and that you were well informed about your care and treatment. It is always good to receive feedback which highlights the hard work of our staff. We will pass your feedback on to the Lead Nurse of Manchester Royal Eye Hospital so that it can be shared with the wider team.