"Attended the Gastroscopy Department as an..."

About: Lincoln County Hospital

I attended this department on Sunday 3rd July for an Endoscopy.

I would like to say a big thank you to the two Receptionists one from Grantham hospital and the other from Lincoln County Hospital for organising this appointment at short notice.

From arriving to the end of the procedure I was met with a friendly atmostphere and made to feel very welcomed. The Nurse who looked after me followed my care from admission to the procedure to support and reassure me.

A full explanation of the procedure was explained in detail and options of throat spray and sedation was given.

Thankfully due to the support by the nurse and the doctor I only needed the throat spray.

A big thankyou to all the staff that was involved in my care, you made a stressful two hours less stressful.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Sylvia,

Many thanks for posting your comments, it is always good to get feedback and positive feedback is more than welcome.

It is good to hear that your procedure was organised in a swift and efficient fashion and I am delighted to hear that the staff in Endoscopy helped with your concerns as we all realise how nerve racking any procedure in the department is.

Once again thank you and I will ensure that staff are aware of your comments.

Kind Regards,