"Endoscopy service was welcoming"

About: Queen Margaret Hospital / Endoscopy

Taken today at Queen Margaret Hospital in Dunfermline.

The endoscopy service was welcoming, well decorated and very clean. The staff attentive courteous. I'd especially like to thank Frances  and Yvonne and also Mr Amin.

The procedure was never going to be fun but I was taken quickly and everything was explained to me up front, the nurse, a South African lady, I apologise as I forget her name, was fantastic.

I opted for gas instead of sedative and whilst the procedure was uncomfortable at times it was never painful.

Thank you to all the staff today for making my relatively quick visit as comfortable as possible.

Response from Gillian Ogden, Clinical Nurse Manager, Planned Care, NHS Fife

Dear NMac78

Thank you so much for your comments about your recent experience in the Endoscopy Unit, Queen Margaret Hospital. It was lovely to read that our staff made your stay as comfortable as possible. I will forward on your post to all our staff and I know that Mr Amin, Yvonne, Frances and Wendy (she was the other nurse you mentioned) will be delighted to read your personal thanks to them.

It was also good to learn that you managed your procedure well with gas and air. We have only started to use this in the last few months at the Queen Margaret Hospital and hope to introduce this at the Victoria Hospital too as an alternative to sedation. Like you, many of our patients are choosing this option as their recovery time is much quicker.

Thanks again for taking the time to post and I hope that you have recovered well following your colonoscopy.

Gill Ogden