"Exceptional care at Grantham midwifery department"

About: Grantham & District Hospital / Maternity care

The care within the Grantham midwifery department is second to none. I genuinely feel like they actually care for me and I am not just a number. The team work so well together and independently and there is nothing they won't do to ensure that I feel happy and assured that everything is being done that can be done. Not all the money in the world would make me want to have care by anyone else. Paula and the midwives at Grantham are beyond exceptional.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Hi Digby,

Thank you so much for taking the time to contact us and leave such great positive feedback.

As a team we strive to give patients the best experience we can, and it is so great to hear that we are getting it right!

I will ensure that Paula and the team are aware of your comments, and on their behalf thanks again.

Rebekah Calladine,

Acting Matron- Community Midwifery and Antenatal Services

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Digby,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your positive feedback on the care you have received at Grantham Midwifery Unit.

As a Trust it is our aim to ensure our patients are treated in a professional manner, with courtesy, understanding and compassion. It is extremely pleasing when those patients use their valuable time to let us know when we are getting it right.

The team of midwives at Grantham are a dedicated team of midwives who are committed to ensuring they provide all of our women and families with the highest standard of personalised care.

Feedback such as yours acts as a great morale booster for the teams and individuals identified.

Thank you once again for your comments, which I will ensure are shared with the all of the team at Grantham.

Best wishes,

Paula Izod

Community Midwife Coordinator

Grantham Community Midwives Suite

Response from Sharon Kidd, Patient Experience and Engagement Manager, Patient Experience, United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Digby

United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust Staff Awards for 2017 are now open for nominations.

This is the opportunity for the people of Lincolnshire to recognise the hard work, dedication and caring of hospital staff working across the county.

Nominations can be made in 11 categories recognising care and compassion, great teamwork, research and innovation and unsung heroes amongst other things.

The Great Patient Experience Award is especially important, as it is open only to patient nominations, and winners are judged by a panel of patients.

If you would like to nominate the team for the Great Patient Experience award, information and the nomination form can be found at www.ulh.nhs.uk/about/staff-awards/

Best wishes