"Recent call to nhs 24"

About: Fife Community Services NHS 24 / NHS 24 (111 service)

I recently contacted nhs24 on a Sunday, I had been ill since Thursday with a sickness bug and wasn't keeping anything at all I was so weak I had no choice but to call, I spoke to a lovely call handler then a nurse who arranged an appt at my local out of hours unit, there I was seen by a nurse who told me I had a fever and was a bit dehydrated she gave me medication and told me I must go back of things didn't changed in the next 12 hours. We always hear some bad stories about the nhs24 service but I believe it is a great service and we are lucky to have it.

Response from Shona Lawrence, Patient Affairs Manager, NHS 24

Dear Debst1

Thank you for sharing your story which the Patient Opinion team have kindly shared with us. I was very sorry to learn that you have been unwell and I do hope that you are on the way to making a full recovery.

I was pleased to read your complimentary feedback for the NHS 24 staff who managed your call to our service. Patient safety and a positive patient experience are our top priorities here at NHS 24. Should you care to contact me directly and provide some additional detail, then I would be able to identify the staff members who managed your care and pass your thanks directly to them. I can be contacted on 0141 337 4582 or by email at patientaffairs@nhs24.scot.nhs.uk

However, I will share your story more widely within NHS 24 to ensure that our staff are able to read your positive comments.

It was also a pleasure to read your comments about the service you received from NHS Fife Out of Hours service. NHS 24 and the Out of Hours services work closely to ensure a seamless service for patients. Your story is an excellent example of good practice.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. I do hope that you return to full health soon.

Take care