"Breast cancer"

About: Royal Bournemouth General Hospital

Routine 3 yearly mammogram revealed early breast cancer. Brilliant service and had lumpectomy 4 weeks from date of mammorgam.

Consultant was professional, charming and reassuring. All breast care nurses at Bournemouth and Poole were again very professional but also very kind and caring and make you feel like nothing was too much trouble.

Had radiography at Poole and everyone there professional but also had empathy with you and also asked how you were.

Cannot speak too highly of the care I have been given and am extremely grateful to everyone for all their kindness and care.

Response from Royal Bournemouth General Hospital

Dear ‘Anonymous’

Thank you for your kind response to the treatment you have recently had from the breast care team at both Bournemouth and Poole.

The national breast screening service often receives mixed comments in the national press leaving women confused and anxious about what to expect so we are very pleased to hear you were responded to very quickly by caring, reassuring professionals who treated you with empathy and kindness.

I will be pleased to pass on your kind words to my colleagues both at Bournemouth and Poole who I feel sure, like me, would like to wish you a full and speedy recovery.

Head of Patient Engagement