"Waiting List"

About: York Hospital

24 weeks waiting for procedure facet joint Denervation - paid £400, was put on list on 12th January 2016, date of procedure 28/6/2016.

Other ladies having procedures the same day were put on the waiting list in February 2016.

I was told the follow up appointment would be around 8 weeks, I have received a follow up appointment 2 days after procedure dated 31st October 2016, 16 weeks.

This to me seems excessive waiting, and I feel I am being put to the back of the list.

I am aware that paying for the treatment gives me no priority on the list, I just expect fairness.

Response from York Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

I am very sorry to hear that you feel you are being put to the back of the list and that you had a longer wait than expected for a Facet Joint Denervation procedure. I am also sorry to hear of your additional wait for a follow up appointment.

We do take your comments very seriously and would like to opportunity to look into your concerns further.

If you would like discuss this with us, please contact the Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) on 01904 726262 or email us at pals@york.nhs.uk and we will be pleased to help.

The PALS team