"My Dad was rushed in to the Friarage ..."

About: Friarage Hospital Site

My Dad was rushed in to the Friarage yesterday and, upon my arrival, I was obviously upset, stressed and worried but the staff at the Friarage showed compassion, understanding and honesty by telling me exactly what had happened and they kept me updated continously.

What I am most thankful for is the way they treated my Dad - they made sure that he was well monitored at all times, comfortable and warm. They did all they could possibly do for him at that time and I'd like to thank the staff that helped him at A&E last night - if I could hug them all, I would! He couldn't have been in better hands and I'm so grateful for their hard work.

It's a shame that arrangements to transfer him to James Cook couldn't have been made sooner, but that's James Cook's fault, not theirs.

THANK YOU!

Response from Friarage Hospital Site

Dear Kirstie

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences on the NHS Choices website. I was sorry to hear your father was rushed into A&E unexpectedly. This must have been a very stressful time for you and your family and your comments regarding the staff’s sensitivity to your needs are very pleasing to read. I have sent your feedback to the A&E staff and Hospital Manager at the Friarage Hospital.

I was sorry to read your father’s transfer to JCUH was not arranged as quickly as you would have expected. It is difficult to explain or investigate this without more specific details of your father’s case. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0800 0282451.

Many thanks