"I presented at A&E with ..."

About: Harrogate District Hospital

I presented at A&E with chest pains and was seen in the cubicles within a matter of minutes. I was treated with respect and dignity at all times and when my condition was thought to be more serious than first thought I was transfered to Leeds General Infirmary.

At all times prior to being transfered I was kept up todate with what was happening, what treatment I was being given and had full confidence in the team looking after me. The lady consultant of Emergency Medicine, sorry I can not remember her name, totally reassured me when I was brought into the resusitation area prior to being put in the ambulance for the transfer.

The staff behind the A&E reception desk could have been smarter.

Response from Harrogate District Hospital

Thank you for your comments, which are greatly appreciated. I am pleased that you found the standard of care in our Emergency Department to be of a high quality. Treating patients with dignity and respect is a priority of the orgainsation.

We do know that patients and visitors like our staff to be appropriately dresed and ask all staff to be of tidy appearance.

Thank you again for your comments, which I will pass onto our Emergency Department staff.

Chris Watt