"Occupational Therapist"

About: Hairmyres Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

Joanna my Occupational Therapist was absolutely tremendous she was first with everything for me as I had a amputation below the knee and Joanna was an angel sent from heaven to help me I can't speak highly enough of her just brilliant so I would take this opportunity to thank her from the bottom of my heart for helping me in every way she could.

Response from Janice McClymont, Occupational Therapy Head of Profession, Occupational Therapy Services, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear LMI,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent experience of Occupational Therapy. I will ensure that Joanna receives your post, and is aware of how valued her input was. Recovering from a below knee amputation can be extremely difficult and can make all the little everyday things that we take for granted extremely challenging. I am delighted that Joanna helped you through this difficult experience, and wish you every success in the future.

Best Wishes

Janice

Response from Helen MacLachlan, Occupational Therapy Team Leader, Hairmyres Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear LMI,

Thank you for using this medium to highlight your positive experience of our Occupational Therapy service. Hearing about 'good experiences' are so important to us as it boosts our team on a daily basis and indicates that we are making a difference.

It is a very trying and anxious time for you but I am glad that Joanna was able to alleviate some of those anxieties and that she has made your journey more pleasant and positive. I will pass on your thanks to Joanna today and wish you well.

Thanks again