"A&E"

About: Queen's Hospital (Romford)

Queued with seven other ambulance patients for half an hour before being signed in.

No proper triage done.

Blood tests and BP/oxygen tests done in corridor.

Sent to majors lite to join 14 others waiting to be seen.

Called in for ECg, no explanation why this was needed.

Told to go back into waiting area.

Waited six hours to see doctor.

No priority for seriously ill patients. Three with cut to a hand, one drunk, two upset stomachs were seen before me, I had internal bleeding. This was not seen by a doctor for six hours after arrival.

No what to do if... Just a letter to GP for something else that was found.

Staff busy laughing and joking about non-work matters, no attempt to respect ill patients.

Response from Queen's Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience and I am sorry to read of your comments.

Unfortunately we are unable to determine how many patients are going to access our Emergency Department each hour.

Patient visit the department in several ways and our doctors and nurses should see patients based on their clinical need and priority.

However, I am sorry that there was a lack of communication from our staff to explain things to you in more details.

If you would like to discuss your concerns further, please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 01708 435 454 or by email PALS@bhrhospitals.nhs.uk.

Yours Sincerely