About: Luton & Dunstable Hospital

My wife had a 2" long deep gash to her head. After the usual long waits, which I expected and didn't mind, the nurse who dealt with her was overly rough, overly aggressive and down right rude. The nurse used undue pressure and no care at all cleaning the wound, then proceeded to staple it without any anaesthetic at all. After 3 staples, when my wife was screaming with pain, I stopped the nurse and asked why they didn't give any anaesthetic. The nurse said that it was hospital policy as administering it was more painful than the staples. Absolute rubbish. Take my advise, if you're involved in an accident in Luton, plead to be taken to Milton Keynes General.

Response from Luton & Dunstable Hospital

We are very concerned to hear that your experience has been an unpleasant one. Please be assured that we will investigate this matter as much as we can from the information given.

We would encourage you to contact our Patient Affairs Office directly on 01582 497 002, or email complaints.officer@ldh.nhs.uk if you would like us to address any of your concerns further.