"The blackhole called "complaints resolution""

About: Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust

I had to make a complaint about my treatment with the Trust, I phoned up to speak with the manager but was told that complaints are dealt with at Preston (a leaflet was provided). I phoned up Preston and was informed that they couldn't deal with any complaints until they had it in writing, so I did this.

Recently somebody phoned to inform me that they were going to be dealing with my complaint, I asked her what’s happening with it, but she couldn't tell me as she has to pass on her findings to someone else. My care co-coordinator / line manager can’t tell me what’s happening, only that "it’s gone to higher management".

Up to now I believe this complaint has gone through at least six different people that I know of and nobody can tell me what’s going on.

I think surely it would be better for complaints to be handled locally first, and only passed on to head quarters if no resolution can be made.

Response from James Maclachlan, Web Officer, Communications, Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your comments on Patient Opinion, I am sorry your complaint was not dealt with locally initially as you suggest.

If you wish to contact the Compliments & Complaints Department on 01772 695315 or freephone 0808 1441010, a member of the team would be happy to help and advise regarding your complaint.