"Kindness and care at recent biopsy"

About: Pilgrim Hospital / Ear, Nose and Throat

I had a referral from the ent clinic for an ultra sound on a lump in my neck. The ultra sound was done on the side of the lump, the opposite side of my neck and down the throat area. More indepth than I thought it would be, which shows how thorough the ultra sound was. It was decided that a biopsy was needed and the young lady who did the ultra sound arranged this for me at my convienence. This was only two days later which pleased me.I was nervous about this biopsy and wanted it done as soon as possible.

On the morning of my biopsy I was taken straight away to have the procedure done by the same lady who had done the ultra sound. She had a colleague with her to help and they were both excellent. I had told them of being nervous and they both made me feel relaxed about it as they talked me through it. Have to mention here that for myself it was painless.

I cannot thank these two ladies enough for their kindness and care.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Satisfied Lady,

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback.

We understand that it is a worrying time coming for such a procedure and I am pleased to hear that we were able to make you feel relaxed and kept you well informed.

Thank you again.

Gill Massey

Supt Sonographer.

• Satisfied lady thinks this response is helpful

Response from Sharon Kidd, Patient Experience and Engagement Manager, Patient Experience, United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Satisfied Lady

I would really like to pass your story to the two ladies involved in your treatment so if you could possibly send me your name and date of birth to Sharon.kidd@ulh.nhs.uk I will ensure they receive their well deserved recognition.

Also United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust Staff Awards for 2017 are now open for nominations.

This is the opportunity for the people of Lincolnshire to recognise the hard work, dedication and caring of hospital staff working across the county.

Nominations can be made in 11 categories recognising care and compassion, great teamwork, research and innovation and unsung heroes amongst other things.

The Great Patient Experience Award is especially important, as it is open only to patient nominations, and winners are judged by a panel of patients.

If you would like to nominate the ENT team and the two staff members for the Great Patient Experience award, information and the nomination form can be found at www.ulh.nhs.uk/about/staff-awards/

Best wishes