"Cleanliness"

About: Leicester Royal Infirmary

Recently visiting an aunt in the hospital over a couple of days, I found the ward to be very dusty and dirty. Under the beds must have never been cleaned for week/months. Even noticed dust on top of water jugs. HCA very helpful and approachable but qualified members abrupt and felt I was putting them out when asking about my aunt.

My aunt herself was clean an comfortable.

Response from Leicester Royal Infirmary

Dear Julie,

We are very sorry to hear about the level of cleanliness in the ward and abruptness of staff. We expect all areas to be cleaned regularly to a very high standard. Our estates and facilities team is investigating to why this has occurred, and will ensure that the ward is cleaned to the required standard and frequency with checks and cleaning taking place straight away.

We will pass on your kind words about the HCA and also look into improving the communication between staff and patients’ families. To help us do so could you please send your aunt’s details (name, address, d.o.b and NHS number) to Jane.Spiers@uhl-tr.nhs.uk so that we can identify the area and improve the service for the future.

Kind regards,