"A colonoscopy"

About: Lincoln County Hospital / General surgery

As a diabetic I was given an early appointment, having fasted since the previous day. I wasn't taken to theatre until late morning. The specialist had a poor bedside manner. Most people are very nervous of procedure but no attempt by them to reassure. They got the probe twisted and proceeded to push and pull to free it off. The nurse had to ask them to hold still until they gave me gas & air. At the end of the procedure they then gave the nurse a severe reprimand for something they had jointly said to me about the pain, in a successful attempt to calm me. They did this in front of me and two other staff members. The nurse apologised several times but they still kept repeating their displeasure. I found that totally unacceptable and it made an already stressful situation much worse

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Csz,

I am very sorry to hear about your experience in Endoscopy, could you email me Julie.scott@ulh.nhs.uk as I would like to hear some more details so I can investigate the matter.

If you give me your phone number in the e mail I will ring you to discuss if that is a suitable option for you.

Many Thanks

Julie Scott,

Matron

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Csz,

Many thanks for emailing me and discussing your concerns today on the telephone, as agreed I have forwarded your comments and concerns appropriately.

Once again I would like to thank you for taking the time to give the feedback you did as this is the most effective way for us to address issues in a speedy way.

Kind Regards