"My little girl"

About: NHS 24 / NHS 24 (111 service) Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow / Accident & Emergency

(as a parent/guardian),

My little girl is staying with me for a bit because of the holidays, she's had a previous problem with reoccurring tonsillitis. She'd had it for a cpl of days and it had got gradually worse to the point it was hurting her to breath, So I called NHS 24 and got a wonderful lady (wish I had her name) who was very helpful and understanding that no parent wants to see there children in pain. Anyway after a few short Q&As she said just take her to our nearest hospital. They'll be expecting you' and amazingly they were I was there no longer than 10 mins my child had the meds she needed. Thnx a lot NHS24 read/heard some bad things about NHS24 but there were totally unfounded you guys are great, keep up the great work you saved a Daddy a worrying w/end so thnx you guys a great.

Response from Shona Lawrence, Patient Affairs Manager, NHS 24

Dear Endscrypt

Thank you very much for sharing your story via Patient Opinion. I was very sorry to learn that your little girl was unwell and I do hope that she makes a full recovery. I appreciate that this would have been a worrying time for you and I am pleased to read that, after your call to NHS 24, your daughter attended at the Out of Hours service and was prescribed medication.

It is good of you to specifically mention the staff member within NHS 24 who managed your call and who referred your little girl to be seen at the hospital. Should you care to provide some additional detail, then I would be pleased to hear from you. This would enable me to identify the staff member within NHS 24 and share your positive feedback with them. I can be contacted on 0141 337 4582 or by email at patientaffairs@nhs24.scot.nhs.uk

Your story demonstrates the excellent partnership working which is in place between NHS 24 and the local Health Boards. I was pleased to read that when you arrived at the hospital, they were expecting you. This is the sort of positive patient experience NHS 24 and the Out of Hours service strives to provide for patients at all times.

I will share your story more widely within NHS 24 so that our dedicated staff can read your positive comments.

I am sure my colleagues within NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde will also be pleased to read and share your story.

I do wish both you and your daughter well.

With kind regards

Response from Lisa Ramsay, Patient Experience Public Involvement Team Support, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde

Dear Endscrypt

Thank you for sharing your recent experience here on Patient Opinion. I would like to echo the words of Shona Lawrence, NHS 24. This must have been a very worrying time for you and I am pleased to read that the care you received from our colleagues in NHS 24 made such a difference before your daughter was seen by our services.

I am glad to hear that your daughter received the medication she required quickly to help her feel better. I hope she is now recovering well. I will share your kinds words with our staff.

Best wishes