"I was treated like royalty 5 star treatment..."

About: Derriford Hospital

I was admitted through a and e on 26/6/16 after being airlifted to hospital .I was in the MAU ward and then moved to the Burritor (acute stroke unit) ward.The care I received and support from the nurses physios doctors was fantastic and the pleasantness of the catering staff and cleaners was very appreciated .We are very fortunate to have such a wonderful medical facility like Derriford Hospital available to us .Thank you for helping me .

Response from Claire Jukes, Patient Experience Support, Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Karen

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experiences of the care you received from the teams on MAU and Burrator Ward. As we make every effort to provide the highest standard of care and treatment at all times, it was lovely to read your positive comments on the wonderful care you received and the praise you have given.

I will ensure a copy of your post is shared with all of the teams, to include our housekeepers who are employed under SERCO. Comments of support and thanks are so important to our staff and I know they will be very grateful to read your positive comments.

With best wishes