"My left eye has dropped backwards"

About: Grantham & District Hospital / Ophthalmology

I had an appointment with eye doctor about 2months ago and he was fantastic, I got a ct scan and then I received a letter to say I had Enophthalmos and it was urgent for me to be seen by a specialist. I saw a specialist who had no idea what he was doing, he told me I had my eye problem since birth which is utter rubbish...it's only happened in the last year, he couldn't even get my scan results up to tell me the next step, so I demanded I be referred to another eye specialist.

Response from Sharon Kidd, Patient Experience and Engagement Manager, Patient Experience, United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Marmy10,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am sorry that your experience appears to have been so mixed.

We value all feedback, both positive and negative. Negative feedback is especially useful when it can be shared with the individuals directly involved, and used as a development tool to ensure patients in the future do not have the same poor experience.

I would be grateful if you would contact me with your name and date of birth, so I can share your feedback directly with the specialist involved. You can ring me on 01476 464560, or e-mail me at Sharon.kidd@ulh.nhs.uk.

I will understand if you do not want to take this any further, but would reiterate that, whilst your feedback is useful in generally highlighting issues, it will be even more valuable if it can be brought to the attention of the person directly involved.

With regards,

Sharon Kidd, Patient Experience Manager

Dear Marmy10

I would like to say thank you for contacting me so swiftly. We will of course look into this for you and Helen from our PALS team will give you a call tomorrow.

Regards