"why can't I have choice to remove it now?"

About: Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital / Gynaecology

I was having laparoscopy surgery for endometriosis and the doctor asked me just five minutes before my surgery about having Mirena coil, I told her that pills never suits me and this is also hormones so I am little scared of having it she said that this won't have much side effects as pills but said you might have some spots here and there ot tender breast nothing else. I was so nervous before my surgery so I said yes. But now after having it for 4 weeks I have never stopped bleeding, having lower back pain everyday which goes down to my toe and lower abdomen pain as well so went to family planning clinic for removing it and they said I should wait for 6 months to settle. why can't I have choice to remove it now?

Response from Sally Smith, Chief Nurse and Director Of Quality, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Gargi,

Thank you for your posting. I am sorry to hear about your experience and now your feeling unwell.

Please email me on Sally.smith2@nhs.net and I will put you in touch with the right person to resolve this for you.

best regards

Sally

• Gargi thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Gargi (the patient)

Thanks for the quick reply.