"Can't thank everyone enough!"

About: Royal Aberdeen Children's Hospital / Surgical Paediatrics (Children's Surgery)

(as a parent/guardian),

My now 16 week old was seen at Royal Aberdeen Children's hospital at 7 weeks old having been diagnosed with bilateral inguinal hernias by Mr Salloum. He was very nice and reassuring to my husband and I on what was required for my baby's operation. He booked her for theatre the following week. We had excellent care on the ward from all nurses, doctors, anaesthetists and all staff in general. This was a worrying time for us but Mr Salloum and staff were wonderful and very reassuring. My baby has been very well since her operation. Can't thank everyone enough!

Response from Linda Oldroyd, Nurse Consultant Patient Safety and Experience, NHS Grampian

Dear FinequineG

Congratulations on the birth of your wee girl!

It must have been very scary for you to think that your tiny baby needed an operation at such a young age. I am delighted for you and your little one that all has turned out well.

We are very grateful to you for your kind words and positive feedback, and for taking the time to post your comments on Patient Opinion. You must be a very busy lady right now so thank you for finding time to share your story.

Anyone else reading this, who has a baby needing surgery, will, I am certain, be reassured by your story.

It is lovely to hear how kind and professional all our staff were. We will, of course share your post with them. They will be delighted to hear how well received their hard work was.

Thank you again and our very best wishes to you and your baby.