"Fabulous service"

About: Johnson Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

Due to lifelong manual work I developed arthritis in my shoulders. My right one was the worse, keeping me awake at nights and with very restricted movement.

I had a shoulder replacement and the after care included physiotherapy at Johnson hospital.

I was pretty stiff and sore at the first appointment even though I'd religiously been doing the exercises I'd been given when I left the hospital.

The physiotherapist I saw did an examination and looked at the exercises I was doing, improved them so I would get a better range of movement. The next time I saw her she was pleased with how I'd progressed and checked out the exercises and then did a sort of gentle manipulation and was able to get even more movement that way.

The third time I went she assessed that I'd gotten something like 60% more range of movement that was largely pain free so discharged me.

Fabulous service, lovely lady to work with.

Response from Anita Cooper, Clinical Lead - Therapies & Rehabilitation Medicine, United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am very pleased to hear that your experience of our service was such a positive one. It really does make a difference to staff when we can share comments like this so thank you for taking the time to do so.

I would like to wish you the best for your ongoing recovery

Anita Cooper