"Catastrophic Knee Injury"

About: William Harvey Hospital

After suffering many years of pain in my left knee after a catastrophic injury and undergoing four separate operations in Guys and St Thomas s over the last twenty years I am still in some discomfort. I now have the good fortune to be treated by the consultant and their registrar at this hospital. The consultant and their registrar have given me real hope that I soon will be out of pain. It wasn't long before they diagnosed an old repair was falling apart and was the culprit. I am on the list for a complete replacement knee. I cant fault their expertise and the way they have explained to me the problem and what they intend to do and when. I cant wait. A great team I will keep you posted.

Response from Sally Smith, Chief Nurse and Director Of Quality, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Mr Harman,

Thank you so much for your posting and kind words. I am so pleased the team have found out what the problem is for you and delighted to hear that they have a plan to get you pain free.

May I wish you all the very best with your pending treatment and please do feel free to keep us posted.

Wishing you all the very best,