"Death of a Dearly Loved Twin Brother."

About: John Radcliffe Hospital

My twin brother was urgently admitted to Ward 7C following a fall at home suffering from a fractured hip, pneumonia & other serious issues.I live in the North & immediately travelled down to visit him with my sisters after being alerted by his children of his critical condition. We stayed for two days & throughout that time we were all impressed with the high standard of nursing care & attention he received together with the cleanliness of the ward & the courtesy & helpfulness of the staff. One nurse was particularly attentive professional & caring. I was pleased that his three children were allowed to maintain a vigil in our absence until he passed away 11 days later.They were kept updated constantly with his progress or lack of it.I am sure you will appreciate that there is a special & unique bond between twin brothers & we were particularly close despite the distance between us but I can safely say that despite the tremendous sadness & grief our experience at the John Radcliffe has been a reassuring one & has helped me to accept my loss knowing my brother died peacefully & in such good caring hands....

Response from John Radcliffe Hospital

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely feedback - our condolences for your sad loss, it must have been a very difficult time for you and your family. We are glad to hear that the tough circumstances were made more bearable by the support and professionalism of the staff on Ward 7C. It is so important to us to make sure that family members are accommodated as much as possible and that they are kept informed of their loved one's status. We are glad to hear that your brother's passing was as peaceful as possible and that you and your family were able to be there with him. Your comments will be passed on to the team involved.