"The saga continues unabated"

About: Wishaw General Hospital

Prctogram Dec 2014 YES that's right 2014

Uro-dynamic Sept 2015

Bladder & stomach ultra-sound Sept 2015

SeCat Scan Oct  2015

Consultant Apptmt - May 2016

Pre-Op Assessment - June 2016

Clock stopped - Anesthetist needs a face to face!

Just look at these timelines and the fact that decisions are being made based on out-of-date information.It feels like those entrusted with my health care don't realise that Systemic Sclerosis is a PROGRESSIVE condition. I really hope that the clock does NOT stop but gets a bloomin shimmy on because I'm furious at the delay in getting treatment while my quality of life slips further and further downward.

When a surgeon tells you that other people have been 'in progress' a lot longer it is irrelevant and frankly unhelpful. I think it is shameful that people are waiting years for treatment they clearly need. My personal worry is that when the laparoscopic procedure finally goes ahead, it will be too late and be abandoned as inappropriate.

Response from Susan Friel, Chief of Nursing Services, Hairmyres Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Madge 51,

I’m sorry that we have not met your expectations and your journey through the healthcare system continues to be challenging; your frustration is palpable.

I agree with your comment about the reference to “other” people’s condition when it is you that we should be focused on; I will share this feedback to all staff groups for reflection.

As you know from previous contact, both myself and the Chief of Medicine would be happy to meet with you to discuss and address your concerns. You have my personal contact details from previous correspondence, or you could contact the Patient Affairs Department to discuss further options, or to arrange a meeting on Tel No: 01355 585325.

Susan

• Madge51 thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Madge51 (the patient)

This issue lies with Wishaw General. The system seems to have defaulted to Hairmyres in error. I have notified the admin & hopefully it'll be corrected soon. Wishaw are picking up this latest issue.

Update posted by Madge51 (the patient)

It is noted that 'Activity - Who has been told', two people in Patient Services have been told. Assuming that one was Susan Friel, whose response can be seen. I assume the other was from patient affairs at Wishaw General

Despite having seen the Anesthetist in early July, 10 days earlier than originally appointed, I still don't know whether the 'clock' was restarted when I first complained, if at all.

I would have expected to see a response from Wishaw General on here so that other patients might gain reassurance that their complaint is being taken seriously.

Response from Gina Alexander, Director, Patient Opinion Scotland, Patient Opinion

Dear Madge51

I am sorry, I think we are to blame for a bit of confusion here which has resulted in the wrong staff being alerted to your story at NHS Lanarkshire.

Hairmyres Hospital was mentioned initially, as you say that was an error. We reassigned to Wishaw General Hospital but think we may not have alerted the relevant staff there when we did so.

I will make sure that happens now. Apologies again.

Best

Gina

Response from Gillian Corbett, Chief of Nursing Services, Wishaw General Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Madge51,

I am really sorry this message didn't go to the correct team and for the further distressed this has caused. The post is now with the Wishaw team and I would be very grateful if you could contact our patient affairs team on 01698 366558, to enable us to ascertain all the details and deal with your concerns.

Kind Regards,

Gillian

• Madge51 thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Madge51 (the patient)

Hi Gillian, All the relevant information is on the first post.

Dear Madge 51,

Yvonne Ross our patient affairs manager now has all your contact details and will call you, I am keen to help resolve your issues. Yvonne will be in touch today.

Kind Regards,

Gillian

• Madge51 doesn't think this response is helpful
    {{helpful}} of {{totalOthers()}} other people think it is helpful