"Visit to the minor injuries unit"

About: Whitworth Hospital

I visited the MIU with a minor eye injury having telephoned for advice first.

On arrival the receptionists were welcoming, friendly and helpful. I was directed to a waiting area after my details were taken and waited only a couple of minutes before being seen by 2 members of staff. Both were friendly and professional and put me at ease. Everything was explained to me by one of the nurses and I was given clear instructions about the medication I was given.

I was also encouraged to return if my ailment didn't improve within a few days. I was in and out of the hospital within 15mins. All in all I couldn't fault the hospital - the staff were great in every way. Thank you so much!

Response from Chrissy Carline, Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Anonymous
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in Whitworth MIU. We are pleased to hear that you were treated in a timely manner & received good quality treatment appropriate to your needs based on your eye injury you sustained and were greeted by friendly professional staff that put you at ease.
We continually strive to deliver the best possible individual care to our patients and feel privileged that you have taken the time to feed back to us. I will pass on your comments to the staff.

Chrissy Carline - Patient Experience Information Officer