"Surprisingly excellent"

About: North Tyneside General Hospital

Thought I'd broken my arm but wasn't sure whether to go to the walk-in centre at Rake Lane or new A&E at Cramlington, so phoned Rake Lane, got put through to the walk-in centre and they confirmed I should go there. They also told me there was s 2 hour wait. No problem.

I drove down and checked in at reception. Saw the Triage nurse after half an hour, then a nurse practitioner well within the 2 hours.

The nurse was friendly, professional and efficient. Diagnosed my injury immediately but also double checked it with a colleague. Splint and appropriate advice given and then out the door within 2 hours.

This is exactly how it's supposed to be. Well done.

Response from North Tyneside General Hospital

Dear Matt,

Thank you for taking the time to carefully choose which healthcare site you needed to visit, and thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am delighted that you were seen quickly and all of our wonderful nurses were friendly and professional – as we would expect. I hope your arm is healing nicely and you’re back to enjoying the summer. I will pass your comments to the staff involved in your care, I know it will mean a great deal to them.

All the best,