"Take a bow"

About: Hairmyres Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

My extremely frail elderly mother fell at home and broke her hip.

She was seen and assessed promptly by a paramedic, transferred to Hairmyres Hospital, seen and X rayed and moved to a ward very quickly.

Her consultant decided that an operation was required and this was carried out successfully less than 24 hrs after her fall. She is currently recuperating wd 5.

Each and every member of staff that has been involved in her care has been outstanding. Particular thanks to the anaesthetist, Dr Thom, whose skill and expertise ensured a successful outcome. My mother was absolutely full of praise for the theatre team, declaring them to be the kindest nurses she had ever met.

We, as a family, wish to praise all involved in our mothers care this far, for their total professionalism and skill, all delivered with a smile.

Take a bow, Hairmyres A&E, theatres and ward 5

Response from Gwen MacIntyre, Senior Nurse, Surgical & Critical care, Hairmyres Hospital

Dear Very impressed,

It is with heart warming pleasure that I read your comments which I will promptly pass onto our Hairmyres team, from our Emergency to Theatre and Orthopaedic teams.

We work to strict guidelines regarding patient's who have fallen and broken their hips and I'm delighted that your mother's care was of a high level and that she feels as comfortable (given her circumstances!).

I hope she continues to recover well and returns home soon.

Kind Regards