"Outstanding dedication to a job they do so well"

About: Raigmore Hospital / Ophthalmology

Seen in Ophthalmology just over a week ago. Receptionist was very polite and helpful as was the nurse who did some initial eye screen tests.

My Consultant Dr Barras explained that I needed a referral for surgery at a different hospital. Dr Barras as usual provided a swift response to my urgent need (not emergency) for referral by contacting the doctor in the other hospital himself and informing me that his secretary would be in contact soon. In fact his secretary Denise was extremely efficient and rang me the very next morning to say that a referral was being sent off and thanks to her and Dr Barras' swift handling of my referral, I was contacted and operated on and discharged from Ninewells Hospital within 7 working days of the initial consultation with Dr Barras in Raigmore.

Dr Barras and his secretary Denise and all other staff involved continue to show how they can make a patient's journey so much easier with their outstanding dedication to a job they do so well and with efficiency. Thank you.

Response from katherine sutton, Deputy Director of Operations, NHS Highland

Dear Crispy,

Thankyou very much for your positive feedback. Dr Barras, his secretary Denise and the Ophthalmology team will be delighted to receive your message.

The team are absolutely committed to delivering high quality patient care every day.

I will pass on your message to Dr Barras, Denise and the team and wish you well with your ongoing recovery.

• Crispy thinks this response is helpful