About: University Hospital Of North Durham

My 11 year old son had a suspected broken toe, he was in a lot of pain however the staff at the A&E and the X-Ray dept were great, very caring & explained everything to him. We had to return to the fracture clinic the following day & once again the Dr & nursing staff were lovely. He began to feel unwell and apprehensive about having a cast boot put on but they made sure they talked him through it and made jokes with him which put him at ease. the hospital is clean and we didn't have to wait long on both visits. Thank you all for the hard work you do!

Response from University Hospital Of North Durham

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience at the A&E department at the University Hospital of North Durham.

I am very pleased to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care your son received.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the Matron to pass onto the staff on your behalf.

I know they will be encouraged by your positive comments.

Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices.

Patient Experience Team