"The after care was brilliant - lovely, cheerful nurses"

About: Dewsbury & District Hospital / Cardiology Pinderfields General Hospital Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

I was admitted to Dewsbury Hospital, then transferred to Pinderfields, then Sheffield where I had a triple heart bypass. The compassion and care I received in all three hospitals was outstanding. After my operation when I went in the care home, I had leg wounds, but the local nurses came to see me. The after care was brilliant - lovely, cheerful nurses.

Then my cardiac nurse came. Gillian, so lovely and she put me at ease. She was there for me, every step of the way. I can honestly say from start to finish, that I was well cared for.

Me and my husband are so grateful and thankful to you all.

Response from Paul Jepson, Patient Liaison Manager, Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Moon547

Thank you very much indeed for your post. We really appreciate your kind comments and have relayed these to the staff concerned.

Please accept our warmest wishes; we hope you enjoy a speedy and eneventful recovery from your surgery.

Response from Deborah Hopkinson, Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback with regard to all the services that you have encountered. We too will ensure that our staff are aware of the comments that you have given as they do appreciate such compliments.

Best wishes for your recovery.