About: King George Hospital

I underwent surgery on two occasions relating to a diagnosis of breast cancer in 2014 and then subsequently attended for 6 sessions of chemotherapy.

Throughout all my treatment, from the initial consultation with the consultant surgeon, through to out patient appointments, blood tests, follow up appointments and chemo sessions I was met with kindness, professionalism, and an excellent service by all staff.

All admin staff were helpful and my allocated breast nurse and others in her team were amazing and did everything they could to reassure me during this difficult period in my life.

The only negative aspect to my treatment was when a senior nurse was brought over from Queens to cover the of the nurse in charge at the Cedar unit.

Their manner was one of total contrast - they were abrupt, unhelpful and extremely curt in their manner towards me and others in the unit.

They gave me the impression that they wanted to 'rush' us all through and 'clear' the unit in record time.

However, even they did not manage to totally destroy my overall positive experience.

Thank you to everyone I met who dealt with my treatment and visits to the hospital.

Response from King George Hospital

It is wonderful to read your comments regarding the care you have received throughout your treatment.

It is lovely to hear that all of the staff have been so lovely to you and treated you so well from the administration through to your surgeon.

I expect all of our staff to be polite and respectful to patients and I am sorry that on one occasion this wasn’t the case, but am pleased this didn’t ruin your overall experience.

I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the Divisional Nurse responsible for this area, in order that she can share this feedback with the staff.

Thank you for taking the time to leave these comments.

Yours Sincerely