"Thank You"

About: Cumberland Infirmary

I had to bring my young daughter to A&E as she had injured her knee but had the added complication of having to take my mum to an out-patients appointment in Neurology at the same time.

I explained my predicament of needing to be in 2 places at once the X-ray department were very accommodating and A&E staff were brilliant and kept an eye on my daughter whilst I attended the Neurology appointment.

Only issue I had was the lack of wheelchairs as my daughter was in a significant amount of pain and we had to hobble up to the fracture clinic before coming back to A&E for crutches, apart from that staff were very good and helpful and worked hard to help make an already stressful day a bit more manageable.

Response from Cumberland Infirmary

Dear Fi

Thank you for sharing details of your recent visit to the Cumberland Infirmary. It must have been a stressful day for you trying to coordinate being in two places at once. I am pleased the A&E staff were able to help with your daughter whilst you were with your mother in clinic.

Please accept my sincere apologies that there was no wheelchair available for your daughters use betwen the departments.

I shall pass your comments to the Chief Matron for sharing with the team.

Best wishes