About: Hertford County Hospital

I found the consultant and nursing staff to be very condescending. I was trying to explain my situation to them and how I am feeling (side effects) and I was talked to in hushed tones about Slimming World and Weight Watchers. They just wouldn't listen to me about my endocrine disorder. I felt as if I knew more about it than them. I did get very upset when I was with the consultant and nurses. The consultant was very brusque and rough handling, maybe because I was the last appointment and they were running over an hour late. I'm supposed to go back in 4 weeks but I think I might ask to see a different consultant at a different hospital.

Response from Hertford County Hospital

We're sorry that you've had these problems - if you would like us to put you in touch with our senior clinical colleagues in the women's services team, it may hep for you to share your concerns with them directly - as well as perhaps discuss being transferred to being seen by a different consultant within the team?

If this is something that you would like to explore, just contact us at generalenquiries.enh-tr@nhs.net.

In the meantime, thanks for bring this matter to our attention and we do hope that you get in touch.