"Poor service from Podiatry"

About: Ayr Hospital / Podiatry

I got an appointment for the Podiatrist to visit me at home today and the letter stated they would be here before twelve. Its now 3pm and they have still not arrived and this isnt right. I only get out once a week on a Wednesday with my grand-daughter and we hoped to go out after the appointment. This now means I wont get out this week. My grand daughter has called the department and they just said I was still on the list. Not sure what that means though.

Response from Rhona Allardice, Service Lead, Podiatry, NHS Ayrshire and Arran

I would be very happy to talk to you about this and if you would like to contact Eunice on 01563 826222 or email eunice.goodwin@aapct.scot.nhs.uk, Eunice will give you my direct line number to call unless you would prefer to give Eunice your contact number and I will contact you directly.

I would like to look into this further however, it is likely the reason may be that the service is implementing a new IT system to support appointments and we are still ironing out some glitches with the system.

kind regards

Dear Coder985,

As Rhona, our Podiatry Manager has alluded, I will be happy to be contacted by you regarding your post. May I also say how sorry I am that you missed your outing with your Granddaughter because of this, especially as it has been such a lovely day (and I'm not trying to rub it in either).

I hope your next appointment all goes to the plan.

Best wishes,